Week 19: Confessions
For this post, I’ll list out a few travel confessions I am guilty of.
- Sometimes I check my work e-mail during my vacation – Despite before my vacation I create an out-of-office reply, I check my e-mail and sometimes I *shudders* reply. When I was in Seattle in May, I kept checking e-mail on my phone until I was locked out. I took it as a sign I should stop looking at my work phone and enjoy my vacation, and going forward all my vacations. The last day of PTO was last week and I kept getting e-mails on a whereabouts for a projector during my day off. Gladly, I saw that e-mail when I came back to the office. It was a complete non-emergency — other departments have projectors available for loan.
- I bring along a teddy bear for my travels – Yup, I bring a teddy bear around my travels. You’ll find more about Mocha, the travelling bear, for week 6 in the travel challenge. When we have kids, I hope they’ll find Mocha a wonderful gift. Psst…Vikki from Journey Through the Trees hosted Mocha in Montenegro for a week!
- I’ve been pickpocketed once – I’ve been pickpocketed in Cinque Terre. It was one of the most embarassing things that has happened to me.
- If we could, we would love to bring our dogs to our travels – I mean, just look at them! They’re a lot of fun!
- We are not too old to travel – Blah, blah, blah… I always get the question, when are you having kids. We’ll have kids eventually and when we do, we’ll be sure…
- Our kids travel will too – How are we going to afford that? Great question. We’re ok if we have to eat eggs, bread, and apples for a while. They’re not going to know the difference. I hope they learn to appreciate what a big world this is.
Read more posts from the Travel Blogging Challenge:
Week 1: Your Favorite Travel Photo of You and Intro
Week 2: Little Known Travel Tips
Week 3: Funny Travel Story
Week 4: Travel Misadventures
Week 5: Top three cultural foods
Week 6: Unusual Travel Activities and Photos
Week 7: Inspiration for traveling
Week 8: 5 Favorite Blogs
Week 9: Gross/disgusting travel stories
Week 10: Best adventures while traveling
Week 11: What’s in my backpack?
Week 12: Happy and Sad Travel Stories
Week 13: Unique Cultures Encountered
Week 14: Top 3 Travel Destinations
Week 15: Travel Regrets
Week 16: Scary and Cool Travel Stories
Week 17: Things to Purge
Week 18: Humbling things learned from traveling
Who else is doing the challenge?
- Journey Through the Trees – Victoria
- Wandering Outside the Box – Winta
- Simply Emily – Emily
- Benjamin Lessard – Benjamin
Interested in participating in the Weekly Travel Blogging Challenge? Feel free to make your own today!
2 thoughts on “Week 19: Travel Confessions”
Great confessions, Julie!!!