I may have picked up a new hobby and that is reuniting lost dogs with their owners. There was that failed attempt during Christmas…only to learn the owner didn’t care about the dog anyways. That made me bitter. It confirmed my stance on how much I should care about things.Continue reading It looks like I found a new hobby…
Tag: favorite things
An Afternoon for handmaking Valentine’s Day cards
If we were having coffee, we would be at this popular brunch place. You may ask me why are we here so early?” Well, as I mentioned, it’s a popular brunch spot and the waitlist for a seat gets very long quickly (think 60+ minutes). If you are okay with long waits, maybe you can occupy your time with walks around the neighborhood or wandering around the aisles of the Michaels Craft Store next door.Continue reading An Afternoon for handmaking Valentine’s Day cards
We’re already planning for summer travel
And just like that: it’s February! Usually, I draft my weekend coffee share throughout the week (snippets here and there) but it’s been so busy. I didn’t even do my daily writing for two days! Do I set aside a couple of hours to write to make it up? I’ll not worry about that and move on.Continue reading We’re already planning for summer travel
Favorite Books, Movies, Shows, and Podcasts of 2018
Here is a list of my favorite books, movies, shows, and podcasts of 2018. In the beginning of the year, I thought I would not have any time to reading for pleasure and watching TV. I think I got a fair amount of entertainment this year on my free weekends and school breaks.
This year, I have been listening to a lot of podcasts during my long drives for work. I started listening to podcast to help complement my graduate school studies on policy and public administration. It’s all been enlightening and engaging.
- Rejected Princesses: Tales of History’s Boldest Heroines, Hellions, and Heretics by Jason Porath
- Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
- Woman No. 17 by Edan Lepucki
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
- the sun and her flower by Rupi Kaur
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick — a re-read.
- Seoul Searching
- Black Panther
- Crazy Rich Asians
- Black Mirror: Bandersnatch
- The Americans — I just finished the entire series!
- Fat Salt Acid Heat
- The Man in the High Castle
- Ready Player One
- The Sinner (Season One)
- Coco – I finally saw Coco!
- Thor: Ragnorok
- Patriot Act
- Lady Bird
- I, Tonya
- Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle
Podcasts – A collection some of my favorite podcast episodes according to my “Favorites” list — if I remembered to favorite them, that is.
- Intersections, Why taxes in Kansas matter
- The Daily, Lost in the Storm, Part 1 and Part 2
- This American Life, LaDonna
- The Brookings Cafeteria, How investing in girls’ education can help fight climate change
- Inside the Hive, “Sociopathic Tendencies”: Inside Elizabeth Holmes’ Colossal Disgrace
What are your favorite books, movies, and podcasts of 2018? Comment below!