Week 11: What’s in my backpack?
My trip to Sequoia and Kings Canyon is happening in a couple of weeks. This post could not happen in a more timely manner because I need to get organized and start packing!
The last time I went to Sequoia was back in 2012 with a few friends. We backpacked 4 miles up a mountain and made camp by this lake. It was beautiful to have this crystal clear lake as our front yard for a few days.
What am I packing in my backpack?
Backpack: Osprey from REI
There’s another backpack I’ll pack: this little daypack for our day trips from Outdoor Products. It’s been my standby for my 52 Hike Challenge since the beginning of the year. As you can see, Teddy is sniffing through my daypack because I have…
…loads and loads of snacks! These are not for you, Teddy — and for any dog!
I love RXBars! I always carry these on my hiking trips because they’re delicious. I can’t wait to share these with my friends!
Then there’s trail mix and dried fruits — more staple snacks for my hikes.
Teddy insists to be in the photoshoot. I mean comes he back again. This is good. Teddy clearly markets to me (and to the blog) that modeling is one of his skills.
Of course in my backpack, I pack dog treats during the hikes. It keeps them motivated
Notes to self: I need to buy another bag of dental chews. Not pictured is their dog food and Teddy’s camera bashful brother, Koda.
Beauty products — as you can see I use them. Starting with the Garden Godess Suncreen and clockwise:
- Garden Goddess Sunscreen – It’s a physical sunscreen and I warn you, you need to scrub hard to remove it. Otherwise it’s great for the outdoors.
- Trader Joe’s Green Tea Soap
- Lush Seanik Solid Shampoo – This has been wonderful for travel. No more bulky bottles!
- Sappo Hill Bar Soap in Oatmeal – I use this to wash my face.
- Heritage Store Rosewater and Glycerin water – Great as a toner!
- Odacite facial oil in Blueberry and Jasmine – Odacite is one of my favorite skin care brands because it’s so effective. This one is one of my favorites because it smells nice.
- Aura Cacia Nightime Baobab oil – My night time oil
- Alba Botanica Senstive Mineral Sunscreen – I use this for my face daily before makeup
- Target brand contact lense solution
More beauty products to pack:
- Nourish Organics Eye Treatment Cream – I love how this feels around my eyes!
- One Love Organics Dry Shampoo – I won’t be surprise if I use this for most days.
- Evanhealy Lemongrass Face Polish – I like to use this in the morning or at night. It smells nice!
- Schmihdt’s Deodorant in Lavender and Sage – My favorite deodorant so far!
For entertainment, I will pack the Exploding Kittens Card game. It’s been a hit in parties and it’s easy to pack.
I will also pack a bullet journal to record any inspiration and collect stickers and other memorabilla. I picked up this paperback book at a used bookstore a couple of days ago. I got this because I like Kashuo Ishiguro and it’s paperback so it’s easy to travel with.
This is clearly not everything for the camping trip. After reviewing the photos, I did not picture my lavender oil — which is effective in getting rid of bug bites, bug spray, sleeping bag, tent, and food.
Read more posts from the Travel Blogging Challenge:
Week 1: Your Favorite Travel Photo of You and Intro
Week 2: Little Known Travel Tips
Week 3: Funny Travel Story
Week 4: Travel Misadventures
Week 5: Top three cultural foods
Week 6: Unusual Travel Activities and Photos
Week 7: Inspiration for traveling
Week 8: 5 Favorite Blogs
Week 9: Gross/disgusting travel stories
Week 10: Best adventures while traveling
Who else is doing the challenge?
- Journey Through the Trees – Victoria
- Wandering Outside the Box – Winta
- Trouvaille, Mon Cher – Aly
- Simply Emily – Emily
- Benjamin Lessard – Benjamin
Interested in participating in the Weekly Travel Blogging Challenge? Feel free to make your own today!