Last week on a Friday night, our neighborhood city center went from unlively, pedestrian plaza to a night full of light sculptures, live art exhibits, and concerts.
I go to the Van Nuys City Center regularly. After hours and weekends, the plaza is bare and not a place to people-watch and do photoshoots, which is a far constrast from Pasadena City Hall–30 minutes across town. I don’t think our city hall will ever be as pretty as Pasadena’s, but it’s got so much room for cultural events. It’s just that nobody was using it until last Friday night.
It was a wonderful turn out. I hope Van Nuys gets more events like these. Bonus points for me and my dogs to not travel across L.A.
Weekly Photo Challenge: Pedestrian
Check out other bloggers and their interpretation of “Pedestrian”:
- Pedestrian; Waking the Wombat
- A Snail’s Pace; Love Life Without Fear
- Pedestrian; Mythrider
- Where the Streets Have No Name; Two Brown Feet
- A Walk in the Bois d’Amour; Almost Italian
- Walking in the City; Travel with Intent
- Where is Badfish? Can You Find Him?; Lucile de Godoy
- Walking the Dog; Eyes to the Heart
- No Walking on Water; My Outlook on the World
- Where No Cars Go; Life of Lila
- SINGAPORE’S ARCHITECTURE: THE PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE; Eliza Batz